Published on March 8, 2016
Think you know a lot about the road? Well, you learn something new every day. Here are some things you probably didn’t know, both funny and scary.
- Whale oil was used in some car transmissions up until 1973.
- On average, a driver curses approximately 32,000 times in their lifetime while maneuvering a car or truck.
- The most likely time for someone to be involved in a fatal crash is between midnight and 3 in the morning on weekends.
- The first speeding ticket was given in 1904 to a driver speeding at a rate of 12 MPH.
- About 40% of fatal auto accidents involve alcohol.
- Drivers used to steer with a lever instead of with a steering wheel.
- Mary Anderson is the woman who invented windshield wipers.
- The majority of accidents actually happen within 3 miles of a person’s home- my father always used to say, “small trip, big danger.”
- About 4 accidents involving injury happened while you were reading this. Car accident injuries occur approximately every 14 seconds, and fatal auto accidents happen every 12 minutes.
- Vehophobia is the fear of driving.
Category: Car Accidents