Growing up the son of a Foreign Service officer, CJ spent his early years traveling and living in many different parts of the world. This experience created a deep appreciation for different cultures and people and developed a great admiration for the United States in its acceptance and tolerance of people with their different ideas and communities.
CJ’s core belief is that the ultimate power of the government must be balanced by a strong dissent to ensure the people have a voice. He worked as a public defender in the 12th Judicial Circuit Court in Manatee, Sarasota, and DeSoto Counties. While in private practice, CJ initially focused on criminal law. He worked on thousands of cases, successfully winning many of them, including murder cases. Later, CJ began incorporating personal injury cases to his practice defending the rights of individuals against the power of corporate America. Since then, his practice has won millions of dollars for injured victims in personal injury cases.
C.J. Czaia has been actively involved in politics most of his life including serving as the chairman of the Manatee County Democratic Party. He has been a candidate for both the State and Federal office. He spoke at the Democratic Convention of Florida, worked with President Joe Biden on the 2007 campaign, and was an extremely active advocate for DACA working with the Obama Administration. CJ continues to actively participate as a speaker on currently controversial legal and political topics on varies sources of media outlets.
Attorney C.J. Czaia is an avid motorcycle road racer who has been riding since his teen years. He sponsors a nationwide road racing team including the rider who won the 2021 MotoAmerica Twin Cup Championship. In addition, CJ is an avid sailor and world traveler. He is passionate about his work, his community, and his family. Attorney Czaia has been and will always be a trailblazer for his community.
Always looking for ways to help the community, Attorney C.J. Czaia founded and is a current board member of UnidosNow.org, a non-profit organization that serves disenfranchised students and helps them achieve their dreams.
CJ has also served in the following organizations:
- The Florida Bar
- The Minnesota Bar
- UNIDOS NOW, Founder and Board Member
- Lincoln Memorial Academy, Board Member
- Manatee County Democratic Party, Former Chair
- Minnesota Justice Association
- Florida Justice Association, Eagle Member
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Healthy Start Coalition of Manatee, Board Member
- Palmetto Youth Center, Board Member
- Gulf Coast Latin Chamber of Commerce, Former Chairman
- Community Redevelopment Agency of Palmetto, Former Board Member
- Advisory Council of the Adult Farm Workers Program, Former Board Member
- Manatee County Heart Association, Former Board Member
- Manatee County School Foundation, Former Board Member
- Manatee Opportunity Council, Former Board Member
- Manatee County Inns of Court, Former Member
- Daughtrey Elementary School, Former SAC Member
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- American Motorcyclist Association