Published on June 8, 2016
The first Canadian all-electric vehicle (EV) firm is coming out with a new, exceptionally environmentally friendly vehicle that sits just one: The Solo. This EV will be released mid-July and has 82 horsepower, a top speed of 75 MPH, and a single-range charge of 125 miles. It’s only 20 inches long, which is just a foot longer than a Smart ForTwo. The Solo can be fully charged with a Level 2 charger in about 3 hours, and only weights about 38 pounds!
The car only fits one, but Electra Meccanica stated that about 90% of light-duty travels are done solo- which is why they argue that the tiny EV is a smart purchase.
The price tag sits at $15,300, and you can reserve your own for only $200. So far, the company has raked in over 20,000 refundable deposits for the Solo.
- 8.64 kW/h Lithium Ion Battery
- Rear Wheel Drive
- AC Synchronous Electric Motor (up to 82hp)
- 140 ft-lbs torque
- 3 hours/220V – 6 hours/110V
- J1772 Universal Connector
- Up to 160km (100mi) range
- 0-100 km/h: 8.0 seconds est*
- Top Speed: 120km/h est*
- Curb Weight: 450kg est*
- Lightweight Aerospace Composite Chassis
- LCD Digital Instrument Cluster
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Power Windows
- AM/FM Stereo with Bluetooth/CD/USB
- Adjustable Cloth Covered Seat
- Rear View Backup Camera
- Available Colors: Titanium Silver, Electric Red, Raven Black, Arctic White
- Bi-Halogen Headlamps
- Heated External Mirrors
- Wheels: 15” Aluminum Alloy Wheel choice of Anthracite Grey or Platinum Silver
- Tires: 155-60 R15 (front) 175-55 R15 (rear) Continental All Season
- Two Speed Windshield Wipers
- 3 Wheel Disc Brakes
- Electronic Parking Break
- Daytime Running Lights
If you or a loved on has been involved in a car accident, whiplash symptoms are only noticeable a few days later. It’s important to seek help as soon as possible. Call us at 1-800-INJURED, so we can get you in touch with car accident attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, or anywhere throughout Florida. Our network offers you attorneys who have over 35 years of experience in the personal injury field and are there to listen and to help.