An accident has just wrecked your car and quite possibly, has harmed another individual or an individual’s belongings in the process. The adrenaline that’s rushing in your body is making you panic and you are absolutely lost about what to do next, well, a lot of things can go wrong for you at that moment and before you can get a firm grasp of what’s happening, you might see yourself losing a lot of money and even getting arrested!
Car accidents can be bewildering, but to make your lives easier, here are a few tips which will help if you ever get involved in an accident:
- Stay at the Scene: Never drive away from an accident scene even if it’s completely not your fault. Not only will you earn a hit and run case (which usually has serious consequences), you will also lose all the insurance money.
- Calm yourself Down: All forms of car accidents are baffling and they get your adrenaline pumping, but unlike a lot of other circumstances where Adrenaline is useful, this certainly is not a situation where the rush can help. Always get yourself settled after an accident and take deep breaths to normalize your heartbeat. This is highly recommended if you are over 50 since a lot of fatal heart attacks or strokes ensue after such incidents.
- Check if anyone’s Hurt: If you are not badly hurt yourself, get out of the car and see if anyone’s injured or hurt due to the accident. If you find anyone who’s injured, go ahead and offer any sort of assistance if you can.
- Call the Police: If you live in US, just call 911. If you do not live in the United States and can’t remember the emergency number to call police in your country, ask any pedestrian or bystander to call for help.
- Take Photos of your Vehicle: If your vehicle is insured, take photos of the vehicle immediately after the accident and make sure you include the surrounding area in the background while doing so. Photos help to determine how much damage was caused to your vehicle; if things ever go to court with your insurance company over this accident, this will help you largely.
We understand to recall all these after an accident would require exceptional composure, hence, to make your life easier, save this number: 1-800-Injured as your accident emergency hotline and call us as soon as you can if you ever get involved in a car collision!