Immediately After Injury

If you suffer an injury on the job. seek first aid or medical treatment as fast as possible. The chosen health care provider must be authorized by the Workers’ Compensation Board, except in an emergency situation. If your employer is authorized to participate in a Preferred Provider Organization(PPO) or Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) program, you may be required to seek treatment from a participating health care provider. Participating employers are required to inform all of their employees about regarding PPO or ADR programs.

Who Covers the Bills?

The cost of medical treatment is paid by your employer or employer’s insurance carrier if the case is not disputed. The A-9 form is meant to inform the injured worker that he or she may be responsible for the costs of treatment if the Workers’ Compensation Board disallows the claim or the injured worker does not pursue the claim.

Picture of man injured in job

Tell your manager immediately about the injury and how it happened. An injured employee who does not notify their employer about the incident, in writing, within 30 days after the date of the accident may lose the rights to workers’ compensation benefits. In extreme cases such as occupational disease, the employer must be notified within two years after disablement, or within two years after the employee found out the disease is work-related.

How to Get Your Worker’s Compensation

You must complete a claim for workers’ compensation on Form C-3 and send it to the Workers’ Compensation Board. If the claim is not filed within the proper time frame, benefits and compensation may be lost.

After you have done all the necessary steps, follow doctors’ instructions carefully. Attend an Independent Medical Examination if required. Go back to work as soon as you are capable. Attend hearings for your case whenever you are notified.

If you or someone you know has been injured on the job, call us at 1-800-Injured, so we can help you through all the steps and make the process easier for you. our network has worker’s compensation attorneys all over Florida, so call us as soon as possible in order to get your full benefits.