Published on March 21, 2016
Extensive research by Whatcar.com failed to find evidence of anyone who had been arrested for driving blindfolded. However, it was found that a blind man was arrested in the U.K. after driving for half a mile at 35 MPH. He was not jailed, but was given a £364 fine, and strangely enough, ordered to take an extended driving test in case his situation ever changes so that he could apply for a driving license.
Here are some other strange laws you may not know about:
- It’s perfectly O.K. to drive the wrong way down a one-way street as long as a lantern is attached to the front of your car in Alabama.
- Don’t even think about tying your dog to the roof of your car in Alaska.
- If it’s after 9P.M. and you are anywhere near a place that serves cold drinks or sandwiches in Arkansas, don’t blare your horn. It’s illegal.
- Used underwear from a date last night? Don’t use it to buff or dry your car, that’s illegal in San Francisco.
- In California, no unoccupied vehicle may exceed 60 MPH.
- New pet elephant? When you take him shopping and leave him tied up to a meter outside, you must deposit money into the meter.
- In Illinois, you may not change clothes inside a car with the curtains drawn, except during a fire.
- If you stop for ice cream while driving in Kansas, make sure you don’t have an ice cream cone in your back pocket.
- In Massachusetts, it’s illegal to drive with a gorilla in the back of your car.
- You can’t drive with ice picks attached to your wheels in Whitehall, Montana.
- It’s illegal to ride a camel on Nevada highways.
- If you’re caught driving more than 100 times around the town square in Oxford, Ohio, you get a ticket.
- In Tennessee, it’s illegal to fire a gun at any wild game other than whales from a moving car.
If you or someone you know was injured in an accident due to someone like Jack who drives recklessly with a gorilla in the back seat, call us at 1-800-Injured, so we can get you in touch with expert attorneys who will get you the compensation you are entitled to.
Category: Car Accidents